Dining at Paramata Lodge is recommended by guests.
Home-made and healthy cuisine is crafted from fresh home-grown produce. Kathy is both gardener and cook, planning her menus from the best selection of seasonal produce picked fresh on the day.
In the quieter times she’ll preserve the wild and home grown fruits, vegetables and herbs creating stock, sauces, soups, pestos, pickles, chutneys and jams.
The open plan kitchen forms a hub beside the dining area which opens out onto a deck viewing the majestic ancient trees. At breakfast choose from delicious cooked and continental home-made options and chat with Kathy as she works.
At the end of the day meet for a drink at the kitchen bar. A selection of quality New Zealand wines is available including Otago Pinot Noir, Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, and North Canterbury Syrah. There are also some NZ beer options.
Sample dinner menu
- Thin sliced smoked salmon, capers and aioli on fresh corn blini with lemon, pepper and parsley.
- Home-made light rye bread and olive oil
- Fresh cherry tomato salsa with cucumber, red onion & chives and balsamic vinegar dressing
- Rack of lamb with basil pesto and mashed potatoes
- Roasted artichokes, and a mixed green vegetables of leeks, kale and spinach with garlic.
- Almond and fresh raspberry Linzer torte with home-made berry ice-cream